the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
With Thanksgiving approaching, it feels like Fall has flown by. The first snowfall of the year was only a week and a half ago. I spent it happily wandering the streets of downtown Chicago. (I ate way too many donuts that day.) It suddenly hit me that time was getting away from me. It’s easy to get caught up in the motions of everyday life when there are so many things happening around you. This is where gratitude comes into play. I really do have so many things to be grateful for.
01. The perfect cup of coffee
03. The freedom to go absolutely anywhere
04. My fur child that brings so much happiness into my life
05. Being born unapologetically unique
06. Having the courage to pursue my dreams
07. When my favorite song comes on the radio, just when I needed it to
08. A loving place to call home
09. The opportunity to see and enjoy art
10. That feeling of crawling into a warm bed after a long day
The beginning of the season marked the relaunch of my blog and with it, essentially my brand. It feels like so much has happened between September and now. Some good, some bad, but a LOT of good. And a lot of growth. Being grateful for each opportunity has been the key to my survival and my happiness -- It’s pretty hard to just go through the motions of your routine when everything around you seems beautiful. Starting each day with gratitude has made such a difference in the quality of my days. I feel more present, more grounded, ready to take on anything life throws at me. This season is full of that warm fuzzy feeling and as a society we’re urged to count our blessings, and fill our hearts with gratitude. I however, plan to carry this feeling with me everyday for months to come. xoxo